Vermont’s new Universal School Meals law means all students can eat breakfast and lunch for free. This will have a huge impact in making sure no Vermont child goes without healthy food.
But we need your help. Together, we can reduce the cost of Universal School Meals for Vermont taxpayers and help our schools access millions in federal education dollars. Please fill out the form your school has provided to collect income information for your household.
Even if you didn’t fill out these forms in the past, doing so now will help make Universal School Meals affordable for Vermont and allow schools access to millions in additional federal funding.
By filling out the form you:
- Help our schools access millions of critical federal dollars for education.
- Help provide students in our district and across Vermont with healthy, nutritious food.
- Help keep education taxes from going up in our community.
What happens when you fill out the form?
When you fill out the form, the information will be used to:
- Maximize the federal dollars Vermont receives for education and determine how to divide up those dollars fairly among Vermont schools.
- Get federal money to pay for school meals, so the Vermont taxpayer contribution is lower.
- Reduce the cost of universal meals for Vermont taxpayers.
The privacy of your household financial information is protected by law. Filling out the form only takes a few minutes, and it will help your community, your school, and your tax bill.
Click here to fill out the form or call your school's main office.