Our new Dashboard is a one-stop shop for finding tasks and apps for students, faculty, and parents in the Windsor Southeast Supervisory Union. It was created to bring a modern app store experience to finding what you need at WSESU. With our new Dashboard, you search for what you want to do, and click to launch it.
For example, if you want to see your school's calendar, you can search 'calendar'. If you want, your student's cafeteria menu or bus routes, simply search for them. Search, click, done!
FINDING TASKS AND APPS IN DASHBOARD
- The new Dashboard interface is consistent, familiar, and simple to use.
- Dashboard supports all devices (phones, tablets, laptops, desktops).
- Navigation is simple, based on browsing and search, with icons for each task.
- Tasks are identified by name and category.
- It's easy to view task details and link directly to what you need, without needing to log in until authentication is needed.
- Each task is optimized for search engine indexing.
- Task Centers are a searchable collection of related tasks; e.g., a Task Center could be used to gather all tasks related to new staff orientation.
MORE ABOUT DASHBOARD TASKS
Tasks are the main function of Dashboard. They represent activities or services that people need to access, and are designed to get people where they are trying to go. When searching in Dashboard, a list of tasks is returned.
- Tasks and search: Tasks are displayed based on values associated with different parts of the task, including title, tags, description, and metadata. The more a task is used based on a certain search term, the more that value will increase.
- Grouping tasks: We can group tasks by category, tag, role, and schools.
- Restricted viewing: Tasks published in Dashboard are visible to everyone; however, authentication is applied as necessary when launching tasks such as PowerSchool.
- Most popular tasks: Task popularity rises based on the number of clicks making the most popular tasks even easier to find.
- Featured tasks: Some tasks are featured in an elegant carousel. For example, at the beginning of the school year essential PD training can be featured while later in the spring, SBAC can be featured.