Dear HES Families,
Please be aware that the The FLU (Influenza) is confirmed in our area. Prevention is the key for your health, and will prevent spreading illnesses to others. Here are a few helpful hints:
1. Get a flu shot if you have not done so. It is not too late and will give you some resistance.
2. Strict hand washing (the best), or use of hand sanitizer. DON'T share cups, utensils, water bottles, etc.
3. Stay home and rest if you have a fever, vomiting, or a lot of coughing. Fevers need to be less than 100 degrees for 24 hours before return.
4. Drink lots of fluids and get plenty of rest.
5. Besides respiratory symptoms, and a fever, ACHES and pains are often a sign of the FLU!
6. Call your health care provider if you have any questions.
Take care and hoping for a healthy winter! STAY WARM.
Deb Christie-Maples RN, MPH